welcome et bonjour!!

this is my blog where I will be adding new and strange creations for your viewing pleasure.

Ceci est mon blog où je serai l'ajout de nouvelles créations et étrange pour votre plaisir visuel.

my website.mon siteweb www.amandaseebeck.com

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Month in Which Nothing Gets Done

It's been that kind of month. Where everything happens and nothing really productive gets done.

I have a few new projects/commissions and I'm slowly plugging away at them (I don't have a rushed deadline). Found a new apartment, but now have to plan for the move. I've been painting, cleaning, organizing and purging. Yet nothing feels to be done. Really quite a frustrating feeling.

I ought to be excited and proud of what I have accomplished (2 oil paintings in the works, 2 garbage bags, 2 bags to the second hand store, and 3 bags of recycling). I suppose it must be the stress of everything!

The commission is a portrait (much like the portrait of my cat from a few posts ago) of a client's two dogs; Bailey and Buzz. They are really quite cute, but difficult as they are Jack Russels and they're sleeping!! I'm resisting the temptation of posting a WIP, however I don't want this SOMEHOW getting back to my customer's husband. It is supposed to be his birthday present after all! Would kind of spoil the surprise!

As soon as I am done however and my client has the painting in hand, I'll post the entire process. I find it interesting to see where I started to where I finished and how I got there.

Till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment